Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Drug free ..... for now

As a disclaimer for the nosy, I'm not talking about illegal drugs. For everyone who cares to read on....

My health sucks. Old people say as long as you have your health, nothing else matters. They are right.

I have a skin condtion called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. (See previous blogs for details) I've suffered with it for years and years but only got diagnosed March 2013. I've been on antibiotics since. Everyday a pill and two different creams. Special body washes. Changing up the antibiotics when I had a severe reaction. Changing topicals when my insurance decided it wasn't going to cover it anymore. Yeast infections and digestive problems that come with long term antibiotics.

Antibiotics for 11 months straight. Then I said NO.

No more pills everyday when I still end up with flare ups now and then. No more doctor's appointments that cost me $60 bucks each and meds that set me back $40. No more sun sensitivity side effects. No more.

I am NOT, I repeat, NOT saying this is a good idea. I'm saying I'm going to  be stubborn and obstinate and pigheaded and get my immune system to take care of it's damn self again.

I'd also recently suffered from my winter depression. (Seasonal Affective Disorder. See previous blogs) I've been on antidepressants for 3 months. My mood is super fantastic lately and the sun is back so I'm also going off those as well. As of today.

This morning was the first time I hadn't taken any medicine in a year.

A YEAR! An entire year of my life.

I'm fed up with meds. They work. I don't deny that at all. I just want to live my life without side effects again.  I want to see if my body can get used to just being chemical free again.




No comments:

Post a Comment