Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Missing Tom

Dear Tom,
 I miss you. Someone asked about you the other day and I had to tell them what happened. I can't go see you. I just can't do it. I keep meaning to and then something comes up. I need someone to stand by my side and let me weep, I keep imagining what your gravestone looks like. I'm hoping it's plain and straightforward. You always were with me. I think I met your granddaughter. She's nice. Will you watch me sometimes? Tell me if I'm getting out of line. Your going ripped a piece of my heart away. I'm still looking for a way to staunch the flow. I missed your funeral. I was sick to my stomach. I feel nauseous when I think of visiting. Do you know how important you are to me? My eyes hurt with tears unshed.
 Kristen
(A letter written to a dead friend just after his death)(and before he came to say goodbye see previous blog  Consolation by the Spirit)

No comments:

Post a Comment