Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wind

I love the wind. Windy days are my favorite days. It makes me want to fly kites or just stand with arms outstretched feeling it blow around me.

Harkness Park on a windy day is my idea of a perfect time. The wind whipping my hair around. Watching the tree tops sway. Watching leaves cavorting through the air.

Sea and air equals peace. At least to me. It gives me the feeling that all the bad stuff is being blown away from me. Sitting on a rock by the water. Watching the waves and feeling the breeze.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Nature balances me. Strong storms rampaging are exciting and wonderful. Dancing in a rainstorm is fantastic.

As our lives become more enclosed. (Work inside. Home inside.) We lose touch with nature. We don't notice the flowers and the colors of the leaves changing. We don't see the field mice or rabbits scurrying through the fields. We forget the beauty of watching a cornfield dance on a windy day. We forget to appreciate the creation we live on. We forget to appreciate God.

I'm going to try to live life more outside the four walls I'm usually surrounded by. I'm going to dig my toes in the sand or the grass. I'm going to take time to smell the wildflowers. I'm going to appreciate the wild wonders of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment