Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Self Awareness

I was happy by myself for a long time. I read and painted and spent time with friends. Then I was foolish and gave my heart to someone who never loved me. I started wondering what was wrong with me. Why didn't he care? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not fun enough? What am I missing that he needs? I felt fat and ugly and stupid.

I was blind. I took all the nonsense I could stand from him. All I wanted was for him to love me. So I compromised myself for the chance that he would fall for me. I left him with my heart broken. Questioning my every move.

I woke up. I want someone who will take me as me. If you have to earn affection and love, then it was never yours. I am flawed and silly and smart and pretty. I love Shakespeare and cartoons. Take me as I am or don't waste my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment